Performance testing is a process, which allows checking software behavior in real conditions, i.e., in terms of active use of the product in the necessary data amounts. In order to provide the customers with really good results, the software testing company should use various types of software testing services.
Inclusive approach includes:
- Stress testing services are performed to identify the conditions and the load level at which the system failures occur, and at which the expected functional behavior of the system is violated. Stress testing service is designed to analyze the performance of your app or system.
- Application load testing services are carried out to test the system at high loads for a long period of time.
- Scalability testing services are designed to determine the suitability of the application to the growth of the workload (the test performance of different hardware and software configurations).
Approach to application load testing services
- Planning. Primarly one should determine the performance requirements, the tested subsystems, the sets and the amount of test data as well as the number the tests and their duration. At the planning stage two types of documents should be prepared: offers for the performance testing services and resource work plan for performance testing.
- Preparation. This stage is divided into the preparation of specifications and environment configuration in order to run tests. The environment configuration is the final step in the preparation stage, and it is needed for the installation and configuration of load generator, setting up of monitoring system resources and the generation of data amounts required to run the test.
- Testing. Performance testing is started according to a predetermined plan during the testing process with monitoring of the test results in real-time by stress testing specialists. Performance testing service enables to pinpoint what areas of the system are not working as expected and concentrate on these areas.
- The results analysis. This phase is started with a general analysis of the performance parameters, and then it is the examination of detected errors of the system under load. Now you need to correlate the performance parameters and visualize them diagrammatically to summarize and submit the test results to the client.
- Concluding. Once the testing is over, you should provide the customer with the activity reports and problems detected. You had better provide recommendations on the application optimization and improvement of your platform performance.