An increase of the popularity of online purchases and services results in the appearance of more online stores.
Therefore, there is the necessity to offer good products and services in a competitive environment and use tools for interaction between a client and an online store.And a personal account is an example of this.
A personal account is a tool that helps to automate the communication between an online store and a client (a user) and its testing is important while providing eCommerce testing services.
Benefits of using a personal account for a client (a user):
- It helps to monitor a stage of order processing;
- Thanks to the automation of some processes, there is no need to enter personal data once again;
- Using special tools helps to use such functions as viewed products, a shopping list, a wish list;
- A possibility to use reorder functionality;
- Using bonuses, discounts, special offers, and personal offers;
- A possibility to write a complaint;
- A possibility to write a review.
Benefits of using a personal account for a website’s owner:
- Automation of work processes is helpful when a client base grows and therefore, an online store also grows;
- A loyalty system is offered to clients;
- Creating a client base;
- A possibility to track the frequency of purchases, a real level of popularity of offered products;
- Using discounts, notifications of new products, special offers as a method to motivate users to make further purchases in an online store.
Personal account testing
A personal account should be easy to use, so it should be easy to sign up and log in, automatically create a user account after the first order or sign up with social media.
- The Login button should be located in a visible place;
- The Sign-up form should be clear and short;
- The form should contain the info that registered users have benefits: special offers, discounts, etc.;
- If the sign-up requires entering an email, a notification with the confirmation of registration should be sent to the email;
- If the sign-up requires a mobile phone number, an SMS should be sent;
- When a user confirms the registration but completes the required fields incorrectly, the form should not be sent and also, there should be a notification of this error,
Personal account page
- Most users prefer when the Login button is located in the upper right corner (but it’s not required). Such location helps a user not miss this functionality and use it;
- There should be a function to edit user’s data and the saved changes should be shown;
- A possibility to change and recover a password.
Personal data protection
- GDPR – a General Data Protection Regulation in EU;
- The SSL certificate;
- Security of the HTTPS connection.
- Checking order status change;
- Checking if it’s possible to receive notifications about a change in order status;
- Testing the “Postpone delivery” button, “Call a courier” button if this functionality is enabled.
- Testing the order repeating functionality involves rapid finding of pre-order and a possibility to make it in one click.
- This stage of testing means that each product can be added to the “Wish list”, “Favorites” by clicking on a button, for example;
- When we click on “Favorites”, we should see the Sign-up form or the Login form;
- A correct number of products should be in the “Wish list”.
They should engage new clients and motivate the permanent ones.
- The cashback system. When a client purchases something, he/she gains a percentage on his/her bank account. Testing includes checking a total percentage received for the purchased product;
- A cumulative system. The discount amount depends on the products bought by a user. Testing should check if purchases are summarized correctly and if the discount amount is correct when there is the required level of the order price.
- Bonuses. Receiving points while purchasing something, that can be used for paying for the next order. Testing means checking if points are granted after fulfilling discount conditions, a possibility to use the received points during further purchases.