Web software used for beta testing helps to assess software quality and reasonableness in a real-time mode before it is officially released.
This type of testing allows not only testing the product’s functionality but also receiving useful reviews made by target user groups engaged in this type of testing.
All steps of beta testing are steps of user’s interaction with software: their interest, positive and negative reviews, and also future attitude.
This interaction helps product companies create so-called empathies – a special tool enabling visualization and formation of an accurate impression of what and when a user wants.
Any software used for beta testing allows receiving reviews through messages, recommendations on improvements, and also by conducting relevant surveys.
Types of beta testing
As for software used for this type of testing, it helps to execute the following tests:
- Closed beta testing for a limited number of selected users. It’s perfect for testing the main product’s functionality;
- Open testing that helps to collect quantitative data on client experience and also software scaling;
- Technical beta testing performed only by skillful and experienced users in order to find the most complex bugs in web product’s functionality;
- Marketing beta testing executed to engage as many media outlets as possible;
- Post-release beta testing (needed for collecting reviews on a product some time after it is officially released).
Further, we will provide a list of software that can be useful for performing beta testing.
The list is made by analyzing the thoughts of users all over the world.
The Centercode Connect project is a modern digital platform containing almost all available beta testing tools: from recruitment, and NDA management to polls and bug reports.
- Custom configuration of polls and feedback forms;
- Setting priorities and building project templates based on AI;
- Seamless integration of several cases into one project;
- One of the biggest digital stores that help to perform beta testing properly.
- Exposure to B2B beta testing;
- It’s hard to select functionality for a certain case from all available functions.
This product offers qualitative information in an online mode during the entire software development and software testing cycle, thus allowing development departments to set up proper communication with clients.
- A free version, limited in time;
- Work with built-in bug report;
- Presence of In-App Chat.
- A premium account;
- Numerous integration services require separate configurations.
A popular crowdsourcing web platform to perform software beta testing for iOS/Android mobile platforms.
The company platform allows engaging real people in testing – they rate and express real feelings after interacting with a testing project.
Moreover, the company website contains a special section where all interested QA engineers can test the work of an application that is being released and receive payment for doing this.
- The system can form accurate reports on a work plan that should be done by a test target group;
- The Survey function helps rapidly receive feedback from testers.
- No free version for testing;
- The number of engaged users is not very high today.
A web platform for managing and executing closed beta testing that engages a limited number of users to confirm/reject potential features of software functionality.
- Sending and receiving SMS messages (a possibility to operate certain functions of SMS marketing);
- A/B testing;
- A possibility to integrate social networks;
- Automating marketing processes.
- Limitations in some functions;
- No possibility to integrate social media subscribe buttons into a testing product.
A web platform for managing beta testing of connected mobile products, whose peculiarity lies in the possibility to save all tests in one web environment.
- A low price of user accounts.
- No test subscription;
- No integration services.
Meeting customers’ needs is crucial and beta testing helps to collect real reviews of users before the official release of software.
Beta testing is some kind of bridge that helps to test the performance and general attraction of a product together with engaging a real target group but in a way that software will not appear on the Internet.