Security testing service – is the assessment of the software being vulnerable to a variety of attacks.
Computer systems are often the target of illegal penetration. Security testing as a service verifies a factual reaction of protective mechanisms that are built into the system. In the course of security testing, tester plays the role of a cracker. Security testing companies allow their testers to do everything they want:
- to attempt to find out the password using external tools;
- to attack the system using special utilities that analyze the security;
- to suppress & shock the system;
- to perform a targeted entrance of errors in order to penetrate to the system during its recovery;
- to view unclassified data in hopes of finding the key to enter the system.
With unlimited time and resources, a good security testing breaks into any system.
Three Main Principles of the Software Security
The overall security strategy is based on three main principles:
Privacy – means hiding a certain resources or information. Under privacy, one can understand the access restriction to a particular resource of a certain user category.
Integrity – there are two main criteria for understanding the given principle:
- Damage & recovery.
Accessibility – is a requirement, which represents that resources should be available to an authorized user, internal object or device. Generally, the more critical resource is, the higher level of accessibility should be.
Comments are closed.