Usability testing (usability is the ease of use) is intended to check whether a software product under test meets and complies with the usability requirements, namely how easy it is to use. Thus, usability testing allows us to understand if the program fulfils expectations of its users in terms of its ease-of-use, i.e. if it is possible for them to perform tasks failure free and quickly, and reduce the mental effort or time to operate or learn the product. Usability testing companies employ specialized techniques to identify usability issues promptly and inexpensively.
Usability Testing is Aimed at the Following Goals:
- checking if application has all the features and functionality that matter to the customer;
- evaluating the implemented graphic elements, color schemes based on user or customer’s perception;
- assessing navigation features and link structure;
- analyzing text content of a website;
- evaluating the quality of the application, how efficiently and effectively the program works, if the functionality is easy to use (or services, if a test object is a website);
- analyzing the implementation of text and font (style) properties.
Penetration test service is provided to protect any valuable information from unauthorized users. It involves checking security of IT systems for weaknesses to identify risk at the software or network level.
Also, it is worth considering 6 rules for good user interface design:
- Informativeness of the system – the user should always keep itself up-to-date with the current status of its application.
- Some resemblance of the application to the real world products – there is the necessity to speak the user’s language and avoid using the confusing terms.
- The ability of the system to cope with errors made by a user – the application should always have “emergency exit points” from all the functions accidentally activated by the user.
- Uniqueness. All the terms, functions and concepts must be defined using uniform interpretation – each definition must not cause user confusion.
- Prudence. The system should in every way prevent the user from making possible mistakes.
- Visibility. The user should not have difficulty trying to figure out what he needs to do, or remember how the system enters a particular state. All the manipulations with the program must be always visible.
Have you ever heard of independent software testing services? Do you dream about your software receiving commercial success? Then you are recommended to hire Ukrainian offshore qa specialists as soon as possible because they really know how to ensure the best quality of IT products.
Comments are closed.