Common defects that are easier to find during the review process than in the course of dynamic testing: deviations from the established standards, requirements or design defects, improper maintainability, incorrect interface specifications, etc.
Third party software testing services are in high demand since they are cost-effective, safe, reliable and, of course, high quality. If your objective is to release a successful software app you cannot avoid using the services. You really deserve to occupy the leading position in the market!
There are formal and informal review types and these differ from one another. Informal processes start without any written specification document that needs to be submitted to the experts while formal ones are supposed to be done with the involvement of the whole team working on the product development; these require documenting the review results and the review steps. A formal review process is dependent on such factors as the development process maturity, any legal or review requirements or need for the review.
Independent software testing is to be taken into consideration because it helps customers to achieve their product development goals.
The way to perform the review process depends on the agreed objectives (for instance, finding the defects, approaching an understanding between the team members, training testers or new team members or discussing the work-related issues and making agreed decision).
1. Steps of formal review process
2. Common formal review includes the following activities:
- Defining review criteria.
- Appointing review participants.
- Allocating the work to the team members.
- Determining entrance and exit criteria for more formal review types (for example, the inspections).
- Defining components/parts of the documents to be reviewed.
- Checking entrance criteria (for more formal review types).
- Distributing the documents.
- Explaining the goals, the process to the participants.
- Preparing to expert consultation – analysis of the documents.
- Summarizing potential defects, questions, and comments.
- Studying/assessing/recording the results (the experts’ meeting).
- Discussing and making the list including documenting the review time and results (for more formal review types).
It is a tendency to use the services of an automation testing company because it automatically checks major functionality, verifies test for regressions and facilitates the teamwork making it possible for the participants to execute a large number of test cases in a short period of time. By automating tests, the company manages to ensure that new versions of the software app will not introduce defects/bugs or regressions.
Comments are closed.