One of the biggest mistakes in mobile development is to release a new product to the public without performing preliminary tests on it.
- First, if you learn about the errors and shortcomings in the application from negative feedback about your design, this is unlikely to have a positive effect on the number of the product’s installations.
- Secondly, if an error is detected by the user this will not help to reveal the secrets about its origin. You will have to suffer for a long time in trying to find the source of the bug that angers the first testers of the project.
Testing is a time consuming process, so it is not the simplest and fastest way to detect defects. It usually requires certain tools and skills to perform testing successfully, as well as specific knowledge and experience. Nevertheless, in the conditions of amateur development and rapid start-up, you can independently do a minimal set of actions, which allows you to identify a significant number of errors and flaws.
Whenever you have difficulty in developing a quality software program, sqa consulting is a good and reliable way to create a marketable IT product. Clever people cannot help asking quality assurance experts for advice on the job as in most cases success of their projects directly depends on the advisory support.
Let us look at ways to run rapid tests on mobile applications. What do we test?
Pay attention to:
- visual matching with layouts;
- the correct functioning of the interface elements (the pop-up windows and boxes should pop up, scrolling and highlights should work as expected); correct mirroring of active and inactive buttons;
- the ability to cancel the action or go back; other canons;
- ease-to-use interface …
The quality of the application
It is necessary to go through all the paths available in the application to check its operation for the presence of unforeseen failures and elaboration of scenarios.
- data entry forms and keyboard operation;
- correct loading of elements, images mapping, scrolling;
- interaction with integrated social networks and other applications;
- search functions.
Check: application operation when connecting to Wi-Fi network, LTE, 2G, 3G, off-line, when reconnecting to the network after a short-time disconnection and when the connection is unstable, when changing the connection type; whether or not the app uses standard network ports, namely mail: 25, 143, 465, SFTP: 22, HTTP: 80 or 443, to get connected to remote services; it happens that some providers block certain ports.
Comments are closed.