In this article, we will analyze the best tools for cross-browser testing performance in 2019. All these utilities can be used to check the correct software performance on the different operating systems and web browsers.
Cross-browser testing performance can be a difficult task for any tester. In such a situation, special online platforms may help to execute this process due to their functionality that minimizes the risk to skip some bugs.
On the Internet, there are a lot of free and paid applications for software testing on different browsers and OS (desktop and mobile ones).
So, what platforms (services) are the best ones for cross-browser testing in 2019?
This online platform allows performing web product testing using more than 1500 real devices on popular operating systems.
The functionality of this service allows executing interactive testing and debugging on a particular device online, web surfing in several browsers simultaneously, running the tests on Selenium.
Moreover, this platform will be useful for those companies that follow the Agile methodology. That’s because service enables parallel testing, simultaneous testing with CI tools (for example, Jenkins).
Site – https://www.lambdatest.com/
This is a free software testing compliance with more than 2000 devices and popular operating systems.
LamdaTest is some kind of cross-browser cloud platform where everyone can easily perform compatibility testing. Service functionality interacts with Selenium integrated scripts. Also, there are parameters for interactive testing in a real browser of the particular version.
Its key peculiarities are:
- 24-hour technical support;
- Automated screenshot taking;
- Web site testing on the local or customized hosting (on the basis of SHH tunnel);
- Finally, quick integration of the found bugs into bug tracking system functionality – from Jira to BitBucket.
Site – https://experitest.com/
This is another easy-to-use platform for automated cross-browser testing based on Selenium and Appium tests. There are more than 100 modern devices and main operating systems of the latest versions.
Main features of this tool are:
- Software testing in any browser;
- Functions of online testing and application debugging;
- Simultaneous performance of almost 100 tests;
- Visual testing processes to check the UI response on different resolutions;
- Option to take screenshots, unload analytics in the documents or other files.
Site – https://www.pcloudy.com
pCloudy is a California-based next-gen mobile app testing platform powered by emerging technologies like AI and Predictive Analytics. With more than 50,000 users across the globe, it is a one-of-its-kind full life cycle testing platform for mobile apps developers, QA, and mobile DevOps teams.
Main features of this tool are:
- Performance of manual and automation testing on Android and iOS devices;
- Most of the popular tools and frameworks integrated with pCloudy;
- AI-powered autonomous testing bot.
#5 Ranorex Studio
Site – https://www.ranorex.com/
No doubt, it is a universal tool that can test any web products and cross-browser software. Ranorex Studio allows automation testing of many modern web technologies and their additional functions (from HTML5 to Flash and Flex applications).
Also, Ranorex supports cross-domain iframe, shadow DOM elements, a hybrid desktop app on the base of open Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) and JxBrowser.
The product has the following peculiarities:
- Tests based on data and key requests;
- Parallel running of any cross-browser tests, as well as parameters of the further testing in Selenium WebDriver;
- It is integrated with different tools such as Jira, Jenkins, TestRail, Git, Travis CI, and others.
Obviously, this tool has a wide range of capabilities for automated web product testing in various browsers and OS.
Its main features are:
- It is a great product for automated cross-browser testing of any software on a regular basis;
- More than 1500 devices are available for testing, as well as different operating systems, and all the popular web browsers;
- Capability to perform testing online on real devices in TestComplete;
- An option to create automated test cases during testing on JS and Python.
Site – http://browsershots.org/
This portal allows performing web site testing on different browsers and operating systems. Also, this platform is very popular among companies due to its multifunctional capabilities with simple and easy-to-use configurations (in real-time mode).
This tool supports the following browsers: IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Minefield, Netscape, and many other browsers with all versions.
#8 BrowserStack Live
This is another popular online tool for interactive web product testing.
Its key features are:
- Online software testing on different devices and OS;
- Full access to all the popular versions of the browsers;
- Safe browsing mode;
- Work with API;
- Useful features for Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox.
We hope that our list of the most popular services for cross-browser testing will help many quality assurance companies to perform software functionality testing on various devices and operating systems.
Additionally, the choice of a good cross-platform tool depends on client requirements and company capabilities. Also, it worth remembering that every compatibility testing tool has its own advantages and disadvantages.