Main Goal of Stress Testing
Stress testing or torture testing is done to inspect whether the performance of a software product is satisfactory under unfavorable conditions, specifically under the intense workload. This process helps to check software’s behavior by pushing it to failure. The goal is to verify if the system can recover after reducing the workload. Throughput is the main parameter to focus on. Stress tests are mostly run using specialized tools, as it is hardly possible to stretch the product to its limits by hand.
It is a non-functional simulation technique which may combine the aspects of security testing and performance testing.
Stress testing may include tests that are aimed at validating the performance features of the software under test when subjected to load volumes or workload models whereas the program is subjected to other stress conditions such as low disk space, insufficient memory, or server failure.
Stress testing service is provided on a regular basis therefore if resorting to it you can always find out how reliable, enduring and stable your software product is. It is especially useful for highly fault tolerant systems and applications. Validate performance of your software under various stress scenarios and observe the results.
Stress Testing Allows to Identify:
- Bottlenecks (frequently used parts of the code that require optimization) which adversely affect the system’s performance; these occur when a single component significantly reduces a capacity of a computer or application.
- Resource management errors (for example, absence of synchronization, and as a consequence, misoperation of the program, or data damage).
- Loading values of the system by which it compiles its performance requirements specified during the design phase.
- Load balancing errors (for instance, wrong balancer configuration).
Stress Testing Services are Usually Required When:
- There is a possibility to increase the load suddenly on a given system under extreme circumstances.
- Unfavorable conditions involve high cost of the system’s failure.
Stressful Conditions are: the steady increment in volume of the operations to very high values, emergency change to server configuration.
Under stress testing, scenarios to simulate the load on the system are developed.
Unlike stress testing that helps to determine the stability of the app, load testing helps to identify its reliability. Load testing service comes in handy when it is necessary to verify behavior of the product under various loads while focusing on its response time.
Comments are closed.